Monday, November 2, 2009

Today and Tomorrow

Today, I loved well, celebrated lots, and lived big. Today was the triplet's third birthday. I got the privilege of spending the WHOLE day with them. I arrived with chocolate covered donuts with sprinkles on top and a present in tow. We went to Stomping Grounds in Sugar Land, and I chased them around. We ate at Chick Fil A... got ice cream... picked up cakes and balloons and then had a FANTASTIC birthday party!

I remember stepping into their lives a year and a half ago. I didn't know them and they didn't know me. They could only say two or three word phrases and we played together in a huge play pen. They could not run fast, swim, or tell amazing stories. And somewhere along the way leading to today, they stole my heart. Now, they have more freedom; they can run fast, swim, and tell amazing stories. They communicate with me, give me hugs, and laugh loud, hard, and often. I am so grateful for the grace of God to grow them into beautiful, happy, healthy, loving young children.

I am thankful for all the time spent with them leading up to this amazing celebration of their short life. Happy 3rd Birthday Ben, Sophia, and Jack!

Tomorrow will end my time with them as their full time nanny. My heart is heavy and my tear ducts full. I will miss tucking them in for a nap: praying over them, hugging them, and singing "You Are My Sunshine". I will miss sharing meals with them, playing with them, and telling them stories. I will miss teaching them, and I will miss them teaching me.

I know that I will get to see them often (as long as I am intentional about maintaining the relationship), but it is a difficult transition. I pray that God would help them transition well. I pray that God would continue to pour out His love on them. I pray they would continue to be raised to be joyful, obedient submitters to God. Holding them with open hands is hard but I am reminded often throughout the day that God is far more capable of loving and raising them (far more than I am). He is a sovereign, loving, and providing Father to them. And for that too... I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment