Sunday, November 15, 2009

the art of bowing.

This week... I have sought to meditate and focus on Christ as my King. I must admit that I really don't have a good understanding of the reverence owed to a king, especially the King of the Universe. Before a king, bowing seems appropriate but how often do we choose to bow.

This week, I had the privilege to attend a fast breaking ceremony at the University of Houston hosted by the Muslim community on their campus. Before breaking fast together, it was prayer time for the Muslims. I had the opportunity to meet some lovely Muslim women who invited me and the other ladies with me to join them in prayer. While I understood very little (the prayer time was in Arabic), I got to bow. I used my body... not just my mind... but my whole body to worship my King. As I bowed low... face to the floor... I imagined being before my Good King. I feared Him in that moment feeling a portion of the weight of his magnificent glory. And... then as I rose, I felt the victory of Christ, my Messiah. As I bowed again before the King, I felt immense gratefulness toward a King who would sacrifice so much for His name and for my joy! Thankfulness for grace and forgiveness... and for access into His kingdom! I rose again thinking of Jesus... thanking him for access to the King. And I bowed one more time, loving the King of the Universe... loving the King who created... loving the King who sovereignly predestined all things before the foundation of the world.

We really should learn from the Muslims... it makes sense to me to bow before my King.

No comments:

Post a Comment