Monday, November 2, 2009

Disney Done Family-Style

In July 2009, my beloved's family and I boarded a plane headed for Orlando, FL in search of adventure in Disney World. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and visited Typhoon Lagoon, the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Downtown Disney with every waking moment of the day. Despite aching feet and drowsiness, we had a great time filled with lots of wonderful memories.
Day 1: We landed, checked in, swam at the resort, and went to Downtown Disney. We enjoyed a fantastic meal at Planet Hollywood.


Us the the lodge...







Yummy dessert at Planet Hollywood
(Sin of the week: Gluttony)





Day 2: Typhoon Lagoon- I drank so much chlorinated water in the wave pool and got sunburned on my face yet it was worth every minute. It was the best wave pool ever! That evening, we went to a Happily Ever After restaurant with the cast of Cinderella. We finished the day in the Magic Kingdom... we made it just in time for the parade!

















Day 3: Magic Kingdom- Fun rides, a five-year old princess makeover, a little rain, and lots of magic and fun... and walking!



Minnie's House!








Princess Belle and Princess Lizzy (notice the blonde hair)












It's a small world after all...



Day 4: Epcot- More rides... more heat... more rain... but still fun!









Day 5: Hollywood Studios- Definitely one of my favorites! I overcame fears and rode the Hollywood Tower of Terrors... but I think it will be my last time to ever ride it. Quite terrifying! This park is geared more for an adult population so the rides were more thrilling. That night, we ate at the Sci-Fi Diner. The tables look like cars that are parked in front of a huge "drive-in" movie screen. Very neat! Another day filled with lots of walking, food, and fun!

























Day 6: Animal Kingdom- My second favorite park! I conquered fears again and rode the Yeti ride. It was full of unexpected twists and turns! Then, there was the Dinosaur ride which was so terrifying that we have a picture of Caitlin, Amy, and I covering our eyes out of genuine fear. We had such a great time! After this, we went to Typhoon Lagoon and rode the waves, followed by an amazing dinner at an African-inspired restaurant, Boma, and then a final trip to Downtown Disney!









And one final favorite pic of me and my beloved...

No comments:

Post a Comment