Sunday, June 12, 2011

too good to forget...

This weekend was wonderful.

It began with a Friday evening spent with friends I have not seen in quite some time. We met Melody at Chili's and then joined Adam at their apartment for brownies, ice cream, and some games. I really enjoyed spending time catching up with them. It doesn't matter how much time passes, we seem to always jump right back into our friendship.

Saturday morning, I received a call from my sister telling me she wanted to work out with me... she gave me very few details, and J and I met her at 11 AM a bit anxious about what to expect. It was a tough workout... I would not say it was fun but it was much needed and slightly enjoyable! Then, I joined my sister, niece, and nephew for some fun at the pool. My niece and I played together for a few hours. One of the things we played was "I Spy." We took turns spying things (i.e. "I spy a purple bathing suit." and "I spy an orange cone.") About five minutes into the game, Addie said, "I spy men's boobs." Then, she began pointing to all the men without a shirt on. It was hilarious!

After fun with family, I went to say good-bye to my teaching partner who is moving to NM. I can't believe I won't be working with her next year; we had such a good year and worked really well together.

J and I finished the evening off with "Little Fockers." I am glad we waited until it came out on Redbox. It was much more fun sitting in pjs and eating ice cream covered in magic shell! :)

And, here we are... Sunday. It was a full day of worship, community, and love.
It began with RCF service; J was leading worship. It was followed by yummy Chinese food at Green Garden with his family. We rushed home just to get ready and leave to JW church. I had a good time with the kids and then we finished off the evening with community dinner. Our group might be small, but I sure love the deep community we share each week.

The day was not yet over though. All day, my body has been extremely sore from the difficult workout from yesterday. J tried rubbing some knots out of my back and arms. We had a lot of fun laughing at the pain I experienced... By the end, I was laying in his arms and we were sharing a sweet moment. J said, "I feel really close to you..." (sweet, I know), but he was not done speaking... he needed to give a reason for why he felt close to me. Guess what he said? It was not that we had spent time laughing and talking together or that we had spent a great day worshipping together. Instead he said, "I feel very close to you right now... maybe it's because we are wearing the same kind of deodorant."

Yes... he ran out two days ago. I love moments and comments like this.

It reminds me of a time a few months ago. We were laying on the bed talking seriously about future plans. J picks himself up by his fists and looks in the mirror and says, "I'm a lion." Yep, in the middle of serious discussion.

I must say that I love that man more because of moments like that. May we have many, many more.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment