Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

So much has happened since my last post... but I can't let Mother's Day come and go without jotting some thoughts.

I love my mom. She is a wonderful woman, and I enjoy all moments that I get to spend with her. Our relationship is not a typical relationship. I feel as if we have always gotten along... we have had out spats, but I don't remember a time where I did not appreciate or deeply love her. When we get together, we don't watch TV or movies, we don't do fancy lunches or dinners, we don't have spa days. Eating with her usually involves a coupon or samples given out at grocery stores like Sams although lately she has been treating to a foot long veggie sub which we split from Subway. When we get together, we chat (we never lack in conversations), we shop, and for the past few years, we get up and dance! It has become a tradition to pull out DDR and have competitions or to see who can hula hoop the longest (my mom always wins... she is hands down the best hula hooper I have ever met!).

So, for Mother's Day, my siblings and I purchased her the Zumba dance DVDs. I surprised her late on Saturday evening and we put in the first DVD right away. I arrived in El Campo around 9:55 and five minutes later, we were dancing! We danced for about two hours and then proceeded to slow down, complete some final chores, shower, and go to bed. It was a wonderful evening. We laughed, worked out, and created some forever memories.

On Sunday, we went to church and went to McDonalds (my mom had a coupon)... :)

All in all, it was a perfect day. I believe my mom felt really loved and I loved being there with her and my little sister. Happy Mother's Day, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment